We’re here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses, so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
Join a financially strong and stable Canadian company as a Project Manager, Actuarial Services – Commercial Lines Pricing in Western Canada, to play an important role with our Actuarial Department and in supporting our company’s profitable growth.
In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of actuarial services, contribute to building the vision and be responsible for its execution. Manage teams of engaged professionals who strive for optimal results and execute actuarial plans to increase growth and profitability.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Calgary, AB office.
• Responsible to build and maintain project plans, identify the deliverables, and assess their costs, risks and timeframes. • Continually improves the development of information and its delivery within and outside the team • Responsible to monitor the day-to-day use of human, financial and material resources in accordance with the pre-established project plan • Contributes to the execution of key actions to improve key business processes for the team
• Develops and implements business plans and objectives with the respective management teams (Actuarial Team, Corporate Underwriting, Operations, etc.) • Acts as a member of the management team to help implement strategy, priorities, and actions • Takes responsibility and demonstrates ability to switch gears by being adaptable and flexible when things are not going according to plan and by finding creative ways to be back on track
Employee Engagement/Talent Management:
• Ensures high level of team engagement and takes action where required • Empowers the team and engages employees to achieve goals and work towards the vision • Sets clear objectives and measures progress against objectives • Helps identify project team shortfalls and implements action plans around them • Actively contributes to employee management activities (performance management cycle, employee development including identifying and developing key talent)
Portfolio Growth and Profitability Management:
• Provides technical guidance to the staff responsible for conducting actuarial studies and activities • Supervises the analysis and research to achieve project objectives • Communicates with Regional, Divisional, and Corporate teams regarding the impact of the projects on the growth and profitability outlook.
Education and Experience:
• University degree in Actuarial Sciences or Mathematics, with FCAS designation • Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience, including two (2) years of coaching/supervising a team • Work experience in property and casualty insurance; pricing experience considered an asset • Superior skills in negotiating, gaining commitment and building strategic relationships • Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills; bilingual (English/French) considered an asset • Good planning and organizational skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities • Skills in coaching, individual development and driving engagement • Recognized competency in leading change • Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, SAS and VBA
Website: https://careers.intact.ca/ca/en/job/IFCOUS5768/Project-Manager-Actuarial-Services OR Email: Judy Alwan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The fine print.
Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. For permanent roles, proof of eligibility can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide. the growth and profitability outlook.
About Intact Insurance
Intact Insurance is Canada’s leading provider of home, auto and business insurance, ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with the Auto insurance claims experience.”