The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands.
ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops and uses analytic models and assessments to develop comprehensive risk appetite and tolerances throughout
the organization. Applies diverse risk analysis methodologies across a variety of businesses, products and companies to
solve complex and/or undefined risk and return requirements.
- Analyzing the future risks and opportunities of various products/business lines, translating results into risk and return
- Quantifying risk across products, business units and companies using strong business risk analysis skills and
understanding, and industry best practices
- Educating business leaders and risk area owners on risk adjusted return and risk adjusted capital analyses
- Applying innovative and analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations for risk appetite, risk
tolerances, capital allocations and returns on allocated capital
- Translating recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and
- Producing advanced analytical material for discussions with representatives from various business units/product owners
to understand business objectives and influence strategies
- Assisting in model risk management activities.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance,401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or a related field.
- Successful completion of five or more actuarial examinations and a minimum of four or more years of experience in an
- Maintain eligibility in the Actuarial Professional Development Program following department guidelines.
Extensive experience in/with:
- Coordination and execution of projects
- Use of statistical tools and software applications to complete assignments
- Preparing reports and exhibits for senior management review
- Analysis of technical studies and data and draw sound conclusions
- Modeling and complex quantitative analysis resulting in sound recommendations
Knowledge and Skills/Ability to:
- Make oral presentations to business units and management
- Represent the department on inter-department teams
Experience in four or more of the following (required experience may vary by team)
- Preparing quarterly rate indications
- Formulating and interpreting mathematical rate making models
- Preparing property and casualty rate filings
- Preparing competitive product and rate comparison analysis reports
- Calculating reserves
- Pricing property and casualty insurance products
- completing actuarial research relating to insurance operations
- developing, improving and maintaining economic capital models
- completing actuarial research related to insurance operations
- incorporating economic scenario generators into asset modeling
- analyzing and interpreting catastrophe model output
- modeling of financial risks, including credit, market, liquidity, and operational risks
- developing, obtaining buy in for, and monitoring risk appetite and tolerances for business units, products and/or risk areas
Master Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or related field.
Enterprise Risk Management:
- Experience within the Enterprise Risk Management function in the financial services industry
- Professional Designation such as: Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), etc.
- Knowledge of NAIC ORSA, Solvency II, Basel, and broader insurance and banking regulatory environment
Internal Number: 190001K3
About The Auto Club Group
As one of the largest of over 30 independent AAA Clubs in the United States, The Auto Club Group serves AAA Members in 11 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. We play an important role in the national AAA Federation and offer a wide variety of rewarding career opportunities for qualified candidates.