The actuarial analyst will assist in the completion of actuarial work products provided by the team, including insurance & reinsurance pricing, tool & model development and internal reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the collection of internal and external data for rate monitoring and other projects as needed.
· Prepare monthly management reports as required; work with leadership to improve and automate these reports.
· Provide checking of data and calculations in support of loss ratio projections for program business.
· Provide actuarial support for rate filings; prepare data and exhibits in response to objections from state insurance departments.
· Maintain/improve existing pricing models and assist in the development of new models.
· Assist in account pricing
· Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field.
· Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel required; experience with Access, SQL, VBA or other programming languages is desired.
· Completion of 1-4 actuarial exams is preferred.
· Some prior experience/exposure to the P/C insurance industry is required, with 1-2 years of P/C actuarial experience being preferred.
About Old Republic Specialty Insurance Underwriters
Old Republic traces its beginnings to 1923, although several acquired subsidiaries began operations much earlier. The company is one of America’s 50 largest shareholder-owned insurance businesses.
Its subsidiaries market, underwrite, and provide risk management services for a wide variety of coverages, predominantly in the general (property and liability), mortgage, guaranty, and title insurance fields. The company is primarily a commercial lines underwriter servicing the insurance needs of a large number of organizations, including many of America’s leading industrial and financial services institutions.
For employees, the Company offers an environment of success in which they can pursue personal goals of professional and economical achievement in the context of old republic’s business objectives.