FCCI’s Predictive Modeler/Data Scientist will perform hands-on predictive modeling and in-depth analysis to guide and support strategic business decisions as FCCI continues to grow within our markets. In this role, you will organize, analyze and execute all phases of quantitative research projects, identifying the business problem, data exploration and modeling. Further, perform financial and business modeling to contribute to operational and financial decisions, as well as evaluate the business implications of strategic initiatives, service model changes, and/or changes in the market or regulatory environment. Working alongside our collaborative and creative team of Actuaries and Data Scientists, the selected individual will develop and apply complex predictive models using multiple statistical and machine learning techniques, as well as develop new tools and methods to enhance model results. Position is located in Sarasota, Florida at FCCI Insurance Group’s attractive corporate headquarters.
FCCI believes YOU are valuable. We embrace a community that is diverse in culture, abilities, expertise, orientation and experience. FCCI’s passionate commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is integral to our promise to serve others and strengthens our culture as we build relationships. At FCCI, we empower others to reach their full potential as we recognize that people are our greatest strength. This includes promoting an awareness that celebrates who people are in every interaction.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or a quantitative Business discipline; Master’s preferred.
* Minimum of two years relevant experience in Modeling/Statistics/Actuarial Analysis/Finance/Operations within the Property and Casualty environment. Additional experience strongly preferred.
* Solid working knowledge of statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, generalized linear models, data visualization, tree-based models, cluster analysis, principal components and feature creation.
* Solid working knowledge of R and/or Python statistical and machine learning tools and/or other relevant packages for data management and statistical analysis. Experience with SAS and/or SQL a plus.
* Solid working knowledge of the P&C industry, including financial statements.
* Ability to utilize the full spectrum of analytical techniques (predictive modeling, simulation, linear programming, cluster analysis, forecasting, etc.) to answer financial, strategic, and operational business questions.
* Ability to communicate findings and implications of quantitative studies and analysis with confidence to all levels.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to analyze, define and solve problems; the use of good judgment and decision-making.
* CPCU designation or completion of actuarial exams.
About FCCI Insurance Group
We're FCCI Insurance Group, and we've been providing commercial property and casualty insurance since 1959. We believe in taking care of people, managing risks, and providing comprehensive coverage and caring, efficient claims service. Our business insurance coverage, services and surety are available exclusively through independent agents who you can trust to know you and your business.
FCCI careers and internships are about more than just administering insurance policies. Our teammates help businesses thrive, manage risks and face the future with confidence. They embrace FCCI's core values of loyalty, integrity, vision, excellence and service, and they uphold FCCI's legacy of building relationships, serving others and giving back to the community.